Welcome to Fidi Firdaus Fitness Blog

Hi Guyz!


Welcome to my Fitness Blog.


Let me introduce myself. My name is Fidi Firdaus.You can call me Fidi or Firdaus.I am a Fitness enthusiasts and my life have every link to fitness.My full-time career is as a Fitness Instructor in SAF.You guys must be thinking am i a army regular?nahnah!
I am employed by external agencies to train the army recruits.

I am also a Founder of one of the bootcamps in Singapore called Bootcamp Virgins. My company does fitness bootcamps,pilates,yoga,boxercise,personal training and corporate fitness as well.It is just set up a few months back and still in the initial stage.I am also a Personal Trainer with Supplementshop.com.sg, a company selling health and fitness supplement in Singapore.

As you can see,everything about me involve health and fitness element..I love gathering new facts about fitness and also human well-being..If you got any questions for me related to Health and Fitness, just post me you question to bootcampvirgins@gmail.com and i will try my very best to give you a satisfying answer. Do have fun reading my blogs and be a follower if you like what you are reading.

Cheers,
Fidi Firdaus
Bootcamp Virgins Founder
Personal Trainer
www.bootcampvirgins.com

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tabata Training

Tabata Training - The Tabata protocol is a high-intensity training regimen that produces remarkable results. A Tabata workout (also called a Tabata sequence) is an interval training cycle of 20 seconds of maximum intensity exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated without pause 8 times for a total of four minutes. In a group context, you can keep score by counting how many lifts/jumps/whatever you do in each of the 20 second rounds. The round with the smallest number is your score.

Credit for this simple and powerful training method belongs to its namesake, Dr. Izumi Tabata and a team of researchers from the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan.

What I have written above is something about Tabata Training and how is it being done.
I have decided to try it out on myself on 17th May 2010. Tabata training consist of 8 sets per exercise.As i was new to the workout, i only tried 5 set before i was fully exhausted.Below are the list of exercise that i did:

1st set : Pushups (Incline,decline,normal pushups)
2nd set: Triceps ( Overhead Triceps, Tricep pushdown with exercise band.)
3rd set: Core ( Crunches, push-through,front plank,side plank)

Although I am training myself everyday, this is one hell of a workout for me.Remember that i am doing this at the comfort of my home.It only took me a mere 20 minutes to finish my workout but i feel like i have been exercising for more than 1 hour.

As usual, i drank my Nutrex Xplosion which i would recommend to people who wishes to build solid muscle and gain strength.

Will try to complete the 8 sets for my next tabata workout!


Cheers,
Fidi Firdaus
Bootcamp Virgins Founder,
Personal Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment